Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

So today we found out my Canadian drivers license is "ineligible" to add me as an additional driver to Brandie's car. Now we're not sure if this is because I hold a Canadian license and my visit visa is in my British passport, or whether this is just another step that the UAE government has taken to make it harder for Canadians to do anything here after our stupid government wouldn't give them more landing slots in Toronto.  Canada lost Camp Mirage in the dispute and now Canadians have to pay visa fees in order to come here in advance otherwise they can be stranded in the airport(apparently)!!!!
This is only one of the reasons why I travelled in on a British passport.  I know another Canadian here who drives, but come to think of it I think he was here before this dispute even happened so he would have an emirates license. Seriously Canada, I think you need to pick your battles, it seems like we lost this one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment