Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

HAAD Licensing- the beginning of the journey

So like I said, this week I've decided I really want to go back to work as an RN full time. In my fantasy world I could accomplish this all by Christmas. In reality it is probably going to be Spring before I can ACTUALLY be licensed. Which SUCKS.

So here are the initial steps I've taken in case other nurses want to follow down this incredibly confusing and strange path.

Step 1- register with data flow for HAAD. I found out I'm exempt from the exam which is a big relief!!!
Step 2- Try to fill out the data flow and attach necessary documents.
Step 3- email IT help because the online forms won't actually LET me fill some fields out and then I can't submit that page because the field isn't filled out.
Step 4- Consider throwing computer out the window
Step 5- Yoga breathing
Step 6- Move on to something else. Email/Fax/Order online to request transcripts from the university and my HIGH SCHOOL(not sure why!!! If I have a nursing degree obviously I graduated high school!!!)
Step 7- research somewhere to get my CPR updated. FOUND ONE!!!!
Step 8- Attempt data flow on a different browser
Step 9- Give up in frustration and go watch Glee while drinking coffee.
Step 10- Wait for IT to get back to you...hopefully this week inshallah

UPDATE ****
Oh wow that was a QUICK response for this area of the world!!! Apparently I need to use it with internet explorer.....which can't be used on a mac since microsoft quit supporting it in 2005. So I'm now firing up Richard's little sony mini-laptop to try from there!!!! Ahhhhh I just love websites that are stuck in the "we only use internet explorer" world.....move on people!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment