Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Abu Dhabi: First Impressions

Well first of all, we flew with Air Emirates in Dubai and Air Emirates was FABULOUS! My daughter got a backpack full of goodies and the service was great. My husband's company booked us into the Dubai International Hotel at the Dubai airport overnight as we were taking a car to Abu Dhabi in the morning. Well the hotel is back BEHIND security so we weren't allowed to leave and get our bags! We had to sleep in our clothes, buy diapers for Reese etc, it was kind of annoying!!!!!!!

Made it to Abu Dhabi and so far the traffic here is not nearly as bad as Italy. The drivers here are all over the place, but no more than the Italians, and to be fair I think they actually drive BETTER than the Italians, and I never thought I would say that about anywhere in the Middle East!

Monday was spent going to look at villas and apartments and the Canadian School with our lovely driver Balan. We're trying to decide between two places right now and I'm still going on tours of all the playschools.

Abu Dhabi is FANTASTIC!!!!! I came here wanting to live out in Raha area and I've now decided that I simply MUST live near the Corniche! Its a stretch of gardens/parks/beach/paths along the water front and it is absolutely stunning. Today we went to the beach and yesterday Reese and I played in a local park which was clean, well maintained and beyond amazing.

The food has been great, they actually know how to make really tasty salads here(unlike in Italy where you get some iceberg lettuce, maybe a cherry tomato and some vinegerette!!!)

Fell and dragged Reese down with me on a gigantic hole in the sidewalk tonight, to be fair there are holes everywhere and you'd think I'd be used to that after Europe.

There are lots of things for the kids to do, it seems to be a very family friendly place. Haven't been out to the actual desert yet and will probably hold off on doing that until we move here. Trying to sort out logistics and have time to relax/play right now which is keeping me fairly busy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment