Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

The first post on the new blog

So I have this weird thing that every time we move places I have to design a new blog. I'm sure I could tstick with the old blog and just change the name but I don't want to. So here is my Abu Dhabi blog, it will run simultaneously with the Italy blog until we move. We are heading out to Abu Dhabi for a visit next week so I thought I should start chronicling on this blog the chaos and craziness that is sure to be our move to the middle east!

So far its been a bit chaotic but that is only because my husband's work has been a bit slow in organizing things. We are very thankful that they have decided to let us go on a married status and that means our housing is paid for in the city.

Now comes the craziness of where to live. Do we choose an apartment in downtown Abu Dhabi which is near to everything, and would likely be beautiful but which would require me taking the dogs out 3-4 times a day to pee??? OR.... do we get a villa off island, closer to the Canadian school, which would be much bigger, with a yard, but then far away from the city and my friends who are also there and living downtown? *sigh*

I guess we'll have to wait and see what we think when the real estate agent shows us around. They are supposed to be arranging a tour of the Canadian School as well so that we can decide if its worth us moving all the way out of the city to be near it as R would start pre-school next fall!!!( insane I know)

We have to fly direct from Milan- Dubai and then stay the night in Dubai and get the fancy bus or a taxi to Abu Dhabi in the morning. The flights in and out of this country are a bit insane....like you could have a flight leaving at 1 or 2 am!!!!! This is apparently normal.

I'm looking forward to checking it out and getting a better idea of where to live, what to do, driving situation etc etc. I think we'll be staying down near the Corniche so it will be like a mini vacation as well.

We've got two separate companies working on the dogs, one guy from Rome(American) who runs an export company here and has been absolutely FABULOUS so far. If all goes well I'll blog his name and company info just in case anyone else needs it in Italy!!!! Then we are currently working with the British Vet Clinic who will pick up the dogs in Abu Dhabi and clear them through customs and vet checks before boarding them at the kennels for two weeks. Poor dogs!!! Well at least we're taking them with us right!?!

We arrive on the Sunday morning to Abu Dhabi which is the last day of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix!!!!!!! Should be absolutely insane around the Corniche!

And as always, I'll take a TONNE of pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment